- To promote workplace fire safety awareness to staff members and to identify the actions to be taken in the event of a fire utilising the fire emergency protocol (RACE).
- To identify and understand the first aid fire fighting equipment installed in the workplace. To understand the safe working practices and to demonstrate the practical use of the equipment.
- Fire Safety Awareness – Identifying fire safety hazards in the workplace and education on effective fire prevention strategies.
- Fire Emergency Protocol – RACE (Remove, Alert, Confine, Extinguish) – The four actions that staff should employ in the event of a fire.
- Installed Fire Equipment-Identify, explain, demonstrate the fixed fire fighting equipment and associated emergency systems eg:- Fire Indicator Panel, Emergency Lighting, Break Glass Alarms, Remote Visual Indicators, Smoke and Heat detectors, Sprinklers etc.
- Portable First Aid Fire Fighting Equipment – Identity, discuss and demonstrate the safe working practices of the workplace fire fighting equipment ie:-Carbon Dioxide Extinguisher, Fire Blanket, Fire Hose Rose Assembly.